XAM is the New VAM: How to Unleash Your ServiceNow Solution
by Andrea Pohlman, on Apr 8, 2021 7:30:00 AM
XAM? I have to have it! But, wait a minute… what is it? Well, before we tell you about XAM, we have to first get you some background on VAM. After all, XAM IS the NEW VAM. So, let’s back up and get everyone on the same page.
Vaccine Administration Management – or VAM – is on the top of everyone’s mind: How do I get vaccinated? How do I help the people I love get their vaccination? Which vaccination do I qualify to receive? When can I get my ‘Fauci-Ouchie!’? These thoughts about COVID-19 vaccinations are just the tip of the iceberg.
States, counties, health systems, educational institutions and beyond are investing like crazy to ensure the vaccine distribution processes put in place deliver an outstanding experience for the citizen patient, employee, and administrator alike. Unfortunately, if you’ve not heard already, it’s not gone as smoothly as anyone had hoped for. The vaccine distribution problems span across the entire process from vaccine distribution to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
At Accelare, we’ve been fortunate to be on the bleeding edge in the design and delivery of that citizen patient vaccination experience…and ultimately, the success of a vaccine administration system comes down to a holistic approach that considers people, process, data and technology. As Premier Partners on the ServiceNow platform, we’ve been at the forefront of implementing vaccine administration systems on the VAM application to deliver elegant solutions for all of the personas involved by the need of ‘getting shots in arms’.
What are the critical capabilities to orchestrate this experience?
- Eligibility Determination: Reflexive questioning to decide an individual’s eligibility to receive a COVID-19 vaccine – from age to underlying health conditions to state regulations and beyond. If eligible, you are routed to the next step…if not, you’re added to an active waitlist that considers your answers and sends you a notification when it’s your time for vaccination!
- Automated Appointment Scheduling: You’re eligible for the vaccine! That eligibility routes you to an automated scheduling vehicle enabled by the ServiceNow platform so you can choose a time and location that is convenient. Not only does the vaccine administration system set you up for your first dose, but it auto-schedules your second dose as well!
- Inventory Management: The application ties inventory to appointment consumption – a critical piece in making vaccine distribution all come together. As an appointment is completed, inventory is depleted. This includes the vaccine, gloves, masks…any inventory you need to track for a successful appointment. If an appointment is not completed or ‘consumed’, neither is your inventory.
- Close-loop Communications: The ability to notify a citizen patient via their communication preference (e.g., email, text message, etc.) with reminders of their upcoming appointment, follow up for reactions post COVID-19 vaccination and more!
These critical capabilities are core to addressing the vaccine distribution crisis. However, they are also durable and extendable to so many other uses! We’re ditching ‘VAM: Vaccine Administration Management’ and introducing ‘XAM’.
X represents your solution to anything that needs administration management – vaccination distribution and beyond! The opportunities are limitless on the ServiceNow platform to standardize processes to achieve efficient and effective systems in areas as diverse as your mind can stretch with these core capabilities:
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Disaster Relief and Recovery
- Foster Care (for children, adults…even furry friends!)
- Joint Replacements
- Travel Needs
- Food Banks
- Utility and Housing Assistance
…and the list goes on and on and on!
As we take on immediate challenges that have to be addressed (see VAM!), we are keen on keeping the ‘art of the possible’ front and center to ensure multi-use solutions are implemented and address the broader needs of an organization. Stay tuned for more on the capabilities of ‘XAM: X Administration Management’ with riveting use cases that you can apply to your business to stretch your dollars and imaginations…not your organizational resources.
To find out more, contact us to speak with a ServiceNow platform expert. Let’s discuss how these digital workflow capabilities can revolutionize your administration management.
To see a full walkthrough of the Vaccine Administration Management system application capabilities, watch our City of Innovation video: Vaccine Distribution Management. Experience the journey that leverages the capabilities of ServiceNow’s platform VAM application from the perspective of the citizen patient, clinician, and administrator alike.